Insanity is going ya’ll. This week has been a little tougher for a couple of reasons…
1. I’m getting a little bored. I’m still rotating through the same workout routines and I’m craving some variety. I’m still enjoying them when I get started, but I’m also looking forward to adding in a new routine – cardio abs!
2. I’m feeling tired this week. Maybe it’s the increase in physical activity but I actually took a nap yesterday and that never happens.
3. I’m pretty sure Baby C is going through a growth spurt. He’s eating every 2 hrs during the day and night. This I’m sure reflects #2.
4. Doubt. I’m having a lot of doubt. I don’t look any different – yet. I’m eating well but my diet isn’t perfect (I’m talkin’ about you 9pm PB&J). I’m really trying not to weigh myself but I did. And I’m up 2 lbs. Maybe it’s muscle, maybe it’s water weight, maybe it’s my body’s normal fluctuations – I dunno. Either way, the doubt is effecting my mental game.
5. My knees hurt. I really noticed it today while doing jumping jacks during the warm up. So I skipped these and did some stretching and then joined Shaun T for the rest of the routine. Once I got warmed up and did some stretching, my knees felt fine. Tomorrow I’m going to wear a more cushioned running shoe and see if that helps.
6. My lower back hurts. I’m 99% sure this is because my abs are weak and I’m using my back to compensate. Today I really focused on my core and stretched out my lower back. I’m hoping this eases off as my core gets stronger.
Now let’s talk about the good things…
1. I am getting stronger! I notice slight improvements. I can go further in a routine before stopping, I can do more reps, or I can keep up with Shaun T. All good signs!
2. I’m still sore but not debilitatingly so. I have a general underlying level of soreness. But every morning I wake up and it’s localized in a different area. I take this to mean the different DVDs and routines are working various muscle groups!
3. I’m being consistent with strength training for once. Even if I don’t get the post-pregnancy tummy tight or the chiseled abs, I do know all this hard work will benefit my running big time!
And now a quick little update…
Brother I started soccer and he’s loving it. He’s still going to school (preschool/daycare) as well which gives him a full schedule. He’s adjusted so well to being a big brother and loves Baby C! Evidently he talks about his baby brother a lot at school according to his teachers!
Brother I has also started to join me while I do my “exercises”(Insanity). From what I can see, his favorites are sucides, heismens, and the yoga stretching! He’s a lot of fun to have around while I’m working my butt off and provides a bit of comic relief.
Baby C’s reflux is a challenge. On one hand I think the meds are helping with the pain, but on the other hand, it’s not stopping the reflux. He’s had a lot more spit up (which the meds don’t prevent), and congestion which makes it hard for him to sleep, nurse, and generally be comfortable. We’re still doing breathing treatments at least twice a day if not 3 times. Fortunately he’s gaining weight well, and is still much happier compared to when he was originally diagnosed.
I’m also starting to lay Baby C down for his long naps in his crib and it’s been really successful! He naps in there for about an hour with a white noise app playing on my phone. He also is starting to enjoy toys and loves playing on his piano mat.
FirefighterDad is taking an EMT course now which means he’s very busy and only is getting one true day off out of his “48 off”. Fortunately he’s at the closest station to our house (a mile down the road!) so the boys and I stop in for visits as we can.
I’m not sure why but I have been feeling like I’m in survival mode right now. It’s not bad by any means, but I feel like I get my head above water, then something falls behind like laundry, dishes, or general house stuff. And some days I give myself grace and let it all go, but I have to say after a couple days of it I can’t stand it and spend a whole week playing catch up. I know in just a few short weeks, life will be different as Baby C grows and sleeps a bit more at night, so I’m just surviving this time and taking it a day at time. I’m focusing on soaking up baby snuggles, sweet moments with Brother I, and easing myself into this whole SAHM gig.
How has your week been?
Any special Labor Day plans?