I know, I know, I know.
You all missed me and wonder what happened to me.
Maybe I was swept away by Hermine or maybe I just forgot that I had a blog.
In any case, I’m here and I didn’t get swept away or forget…I just got flat out busy with life.
1. We had a dear friend visit us over Labor Day weekend and it was wonderful but it also kinda threw off my routine. So after her visit, I spent the next couple of days tracking Baby C’s routine. It seemed like he was all over the place and he was waking up every 1.5-2hrs at night. And I was tired. And irritable. And hormonal. And I desperately wanted to fix his routine. I quickly realized that there was actually nothing to fix. He’s sleeping, then eating, then playing. It just wasn’t what I wanted. But when does a baby do what we want, ya know? So I let go of my fix-it nature and a beautiful thing happened. Baby C showed me his routine. And ya’ll, my frustration quickly subsided and instead of stressing, I was once again enjoying my sweet baby. My last baby. And just like that Baby C slept for 4 hours the first night, then 5 hours, then last night he slept for 5 hours and 40 mins.
2. I have officially eliminated dairy from my diet. Baby C’s reflux is still a daily presence. I think it’s being managed, but it’s not gone. He refluxes, spits up, chokes, and coughs multiple times a day. Fortunately, he doesn’t seem to be in pain, so I think the meds are working but the spit up has gotten out of control. It’s like water works central over here – except you know, it’s breastmilk. I’m going to try dairy free for a few weeks and see if there is improvement. If not, or Baby C gets worse, it’s back to the pediatrician we go.
3. Postpartum hair loss is in full force ya’ll! Like holy moly, I don’t know how I’m not bald at this point. It’s so bad that I dread washing my hair, brushing my hair, or pretty much doing anything with it.
4. Insanity is still going. I did the second fit test and saw improvement on all 8 exercises. Then I took 3 days off. I know. But my knees hurt, I was tired (see #1), my lower back hurt, and ya’ll I’m 29 now so I’m no spring chicken. Excuses, excuses. I think part of my lack of interest is that II’m missing running and I’m bored with Insanity. I’m ready to try other routines, but once I get started with a DVD, I do enjoy it. So starting tomorrow it’s back to Insanity full force!
5. Brother I had his first soccer game and it was a mix of smiles, running, falling down, tears, being tired, and being Hangry. But he pulled through and his team, along with him, did great!
6. I went to the chiropractor. Oh how I missed this! It’s amazing how much better my body feels after an adjustment. With breastfeeding and sleeping, my neck was all jacked up so I’ll be going back this week to follow up on it. I think Baby C will get adjusted too; I’m hoping this will help with his reflux some.
7. I’ll be making a trip back home (Florida) with both boys and all 3 dogs soon. I’m mentally running through the logistics and my game plan, but wish me luck now. I’m hoping all the luck will build up and accumulate so I’ll be good to go!
8. I have a very special guest post from my sister that I will be posting very soon – so stayed tuned. She’s basically the awesome-est person ever and an incredible sister and mom. You don’t want to miss it- trust me!
9. That’s all for now folks!
10. Fill me in on your happenings!