I’m a late-twenty something gal married to my best friend (FirefighterDad) and together we have one beautiful, silly, smart, energetic, sassy 3 year old boy, Diapers.
I am a working mom in corporate America (ish) and I have a Chemistry degree from a southern state school. I’ve chosen to keep our identities anonymous on this blog because well, stalkers. But even though you won’t get my real name, or city and state where I live, what I can guarantee you’ll find here is:
- Cursing. It’s true I swear. Sometimes my level of annoyance and frustration deserve a much stronger word than crap, or dang. So, use this as a warning, and please know I don’t mean to offend anyone.
- Working mommy posts. Diapers was a surprise (read: unplanned) so needless to say it was a little daunting to figure out how I was going to continue building my career while raising a child. I hope that some of my insights help other mothers.
- Humor. I’m funny and sarcastic. Although I feel strongly about some topics, I am also down to earth, realistic, and sarcastic. So my posts my take a funny tone to discuss a serious topic.
- Ranting. I started this blog as an outlet for my writing. I’ve always enjoyed writing and for some reason I can articulate what I want to say much better in writing. However, this means if something really frosts my wheaties, I will more than likely bitch about it on this blog. But I also like healthy and respectful discussions so please share your thoughts too!
- Running posts. I have been running for 17 years! Eeek! It’s been on and off and on and off again, but it’s always been a steady presence in my life. It’s cheaper than therapy and nicely balances out my wine consumption.
- Honesty. I am not a fan of social media. I don’t have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I don’t trust the internet and I especially don’t like seeing a false reality. I like authenticity and truth, and I hope by sharing this, there will be comfort for others. I am just as real as you with my own problems and screw ups. But it’s okay 🙂
- Journals. I plan to use this blog to capture more journal like writings.
- Parenting/Work-Life Balance posts. I in no way am writing this blog as a parenting expert. I do however want to share some pieces of my life, what works for me, what doesn’t, what did, and what might with others. Being a mother is a hard and rewarding role and I want to offer support and encouragement for other mothers.
- Fire Wife posts. Being a fire wife is a new role I have accepted in August. I’m excited to get to know the firefighter community and share my experiences with you all!
- Fun! I want this blog to be fun, informative, and little a peaceful comfortable reading nook in the wide interwebs. So please pull up a comfy chair, grab a blanket, and a cup of coffee, or wine if you prefer, and let’s get to know each other and have fun!
10 Random Facts about PantsuitsMom:
- I am right handed
- I LOVE coffee. And wine.
- I’m an introvert
- I golf left handed
- I hate being cold
- I fall asleep on my right side but sleep on my left side
- I hate heights
- I like traveling
- I’m a little OCD. I like things to go pack where they belong.
- I’m a morning person.
How did you name your blog?
The day of my college graduation I took my niece to go to the bathroom in my apartment while my parents, sister, and roommate visited in the living room. Per my sister’s recommendation, I started singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to my niece to get her to pee. At some point my mom started laughing hysterically. I asked her what was so funny and she said that she can just picture me in a nice business suit helping my child go potty. My folks always knew that I wanted a career, but being a mother – at that time – not so much. But my mom could see it; she could see me as a working mom. It was funny at the time, imagining the juxtaposition of the image – a classy and sophisticated business suit with a toddler on the toilet. But looking back on it now, I recognize that moment as a true statement of support. My mom never doubted that I could be a working mom. I could have my career and a family should I choose. So for some reason this story stuck with me. And when it came to name my blog I knew what image I wanted and what message I wanted to convey and before I knew it Pant Suits & Diapers was born.
PantsuitsMom, you’re so cool, how do I get in touch with you?
I’m not on social media. I know, I know….what’s wrong with me? Nothing really, I promise. I’m a rather private person and as a mom, I’m not comfortble with having photos plastered all over the Internet of me or my family. So it’s not really my thing right now. With that being said I do have email!! Feel free to contact me at email@example.com and we can chat, shoot the shit, and talk about my lack of social media presence!